Sunday, March 30, 2014

milbrandt vineyards
Brothers' Blend 11'





Naked Wine Review 141

Wine: Brothers' Blend (Red)
Grapes: tempranillo, grenache, malbec, cabernet, and petit syrah
Producer: Milbrandt Vineyards Winery
Vintage: 11'
Region: Washington>Columbia Valley
Price: 13.00 
Date tasted: 3/7/14
Place tasted: I woke the morning after a night of working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, in 1984. I was so relieved that all these years had just been a strange dream and I really had not screwed anything up yet. 
With my lifes journey just beginning and 'knowing what I know now', I pondered all the many new and wonderful mistakes I would get to make this time around; at least they would not be the same ones I made last time, that much I promised myself. 
As twilight approached I was inspired to savour a bottle of rare wine from the future with some cozy simple comfort food. Then later as I listened to my Talking Heads records I felt the strangest sense of hope. I love that feeling.
Ah life, here we go again.
Cheers all!
Served with: Fantastic lamb meatloaf. She's an exceptionally food friendly wine. An antipasto spread would be nice, or grilled red meats, roasts and stews, herby pasta dishes, hearty vegetable creations, a nice fruit and cheese spread, or just a nice chunk of good dark chocolate.
Appearance: A deep haunting pond of clear beautiful pomegranate.
On the snoot: Her scent brings on visions of lake side cherry blossoms, and plump ripe blueberries dusted with cocoa. 
Taste: Robust flavors of dark cherry and chocolate carmel splash around the mouth. A hint of oak on velutinous tannins gently caress the pleasant melange of flavors through a pronounced, wet, fruity finish.
Balance: Remarkably balanced, dry yet wet with soft naked tannins and gentle alcohol. Lovely legs darning sexy maroon stockings melt down the sides of your lucky glass.
Comments: This is such a tasty unusual blend; another amazing wine creation from Washington State. If you want to purchase it there though you can go ahead and add another ten bucks to the price for taxes... I kid you not. The former Washington State Liquor Stores do not look like such a bad thing now, do they? Voters chose, what can I say? It worked out well for Costco. 

Rating: 3.9 tipsys, excellent value (in most states)