Thursday, October 23, 2014

Comoloco Monastrell 12'

Naked Wine Review 154

Wine: Comoloco 
Grape: Monastrell (Mourvedre)
Producer: Orowines & Gill Family Estates
Vintage: 12'
Region: Spain>Murcia>Jumilla
Price: 12.00
Date tasted: 10/3/14
Place tasted: I was watching this goddess on a tigers back chasing down an evil tyrant. "Run kitty, run" I thought to myself. "MA DURGA MA! Ha Ha Ha", that tyrant was toast. Good, I hate tyrants. Tyrants really suck. I just can't think of enough bad things to say about evil tyrannical forces. On the up side, I cant' think of anything bad to say about this lovely bottle of wine. She sings like a siren beckoning your thirsty ship to the reef of eternal bliss. I'm goin' in, what the hell? Smoke em' if you got em' boyeeez.
Served with: Baghdad Beef(Lamb) Stew. A food friendly wine to be enjoyed with such things as grilled meats, lamb, venison, hearty stews, herby red sauced stuff, antipasto, and medium to bold cheeses. 
Appearance: Ruby red lit with a violet black light. She's a vision to behold. 
On the snoot: Bold pungent hyacinth with ripe fruit and catnip. 
Taste: A comforting burst of jammy plum and cherry with cracked pepper and sassafras mingle in her aura presenting a wise and exotic demeanor. Soft tannins embrace the tongue as gentle fruit, spice, and herb cascade gracefully through an extended four point finish. 
Balance: Well balanced with good solid structure. Sparkling acid faeries generate energy around a sweet cherry center. Tannins are soft and minimal. Alcohol high but not offensive. 
Comments: Spanish wines seldom disappoint me and this one is no exception to the rule. I loved it. Good wine, good price, good times. Salud! 


Rating: 4 tipsys


Copyright © 2009-2015 Shawna Watson. All rights reserved.

Did you enjoy my wine poetry? Was it useful to you?
If so, please click on the Paypal secure server logo and make a small donation to Shawna for the creation and maintenance of this site.


Blessings and Peace to All