Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sagelands
Cabernet Sauvignon 13’ 

Naked Wine Review 162

Wine: Sagelands Cabernet Sauvignon
Producer: Sagelands Vineyard, Walla Walla Washington
Vintage: 13’
Region: Washington State>Columbia Valley
Price: 10.00
Date tasted: 4/20/15
Place tasted: I was so tired from swatting the flies of past injustices that I finally just put up a psychic fly zapper and moved my focus to the setting sun. That’s better. I laid my Bob Marley beach towel over a garage sale lawn lounger then set a shovel and pail of sand at my side, because you never know when the ocean might drop by. A little blue blow up kiddy pool with bright orange Nemo’s on it was sitting just over there for occasional cool offs. Eyes closed under dark glasses I grounded myself and welcomed the great Dionysus to flow into me and carry my useless baggage into the horizon, never to return. Naked, free, starting over.
Served with: My pasta salad. It would be great with grilled red meats, Lamb or other kinds of roasts, herby red stuff (or herby green stuff), Stilton and a wide range of cheeses, and of course good dark chocolate. A very food friendly wine.
Appearance: Viscous and leggy on the glass which is filled with glowing Lambert red cherry and clear ruby glistenings.
On the snoot: The pungent perfume of rose and cherry cotton candy on the snoot inspires memories of that one time we did that weird thing together.
Taste: It’s sooo Big! Fruit forward with a lattice of basil and chocolate caressed by wet cedar, expanding. Soft round tannins ride through subtle leather tunnels in a long luscious finish. 
Balance: Sugar over acid but still nice and dry. Tannins chime in as cushy round accent notes; alcohol smooth and dreamy. 
Comments: Nothing like dusting off the classics. This is a reminder of how satisfying and comforting Cabernet can be. It was like listening to Chris Cornell, Ann Wilson, and Eddie Vedder harmonize in my head. A taste of the Divine to be sure.
Thank you Catie for turning me on to such a great wine.

Rating: 4 tipsys, excellent value


Copyright © 2009-2015 Shawna Watson. All rights reserved.

Did you enjoy my wine poetry? Was it useful to you?
If so, please click on the Paypal secure server logo and make a small donation to Shawna for the creation and maintenance of this site.


Blessings and Peace to All